Returning to this web site?
(Cookies must be enabled in your browser)
Is this your first time here?
This online Aboriginal Cultural Orientation package is designed for health professionals, health science students and people working in various health care settings. It aims to help you deepen your understanding of Aboriginal cultural values, beliefs and practices and subsequently enhance your delivery of culturally appropriate health services. It consists of five self-directed learning modules:
* Culture, self and diversity
* Aboriginal history
* Working with Aboriginal people
* Providing clinical services
* Improving cultural security
This package includes learning activities, quizzes and a professional development plan. It is designed to assist you to reflect on each completed module whilst promoting opportunities for further learning. You are encouraged to also complete or attend your local cultural
orientation and education programs.
This project was generously funded by Disability Services Commission and WA Country Health Service, and undertaken by the Combined Universities Centre for Rural Health (CUCRH).
To get started
1. Fill out the New Account form with your details.
2. An email will be immediately sent to your email address.
3. Read your email, and click on the web link it contains.
4, Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
5. Now, select the course you want to participate in.
You can now access the full course. From now on you will only need to enter your personal username and password (in the form on this page) to log in and access any course you have enrolled in.